From 1894 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Thomas Wilmer Dewing in 1894 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 Object file.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Thomas Wilmer Dewing (C.L. Freer source) 1851-1938
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
- Published References
- Thomas Lawton Linda Merrill. Freer: a legacy of art. Washington and New York, 1993. p. 25-26, fig. 13.
- Joyce K. Schiller. Frame Designs by Stanford White. vol. 64, no. 1 Detroit. p. 26, fig. 13.
- Nelson C. White. The Art of Thomas W. Dewing. vol. 27, no. 6 Washington, June 1929. pp. 253-261.
- Edwards Park. Treasures from the Smithsonian Institution., 1st ed. Washington and New York. p. 362.
- Royal Cortissoz. American Artist Canonized in the Freer Gallery. vol. LXXIV, November 1923. pp. 539, 543.
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum