Dr. F.W. Mann, to 1906 
From 1906 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), given by Dr. F.W. Mann, at Luxor, Egypt, in 1906 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 According to Curatorial Remark 1 in the object record, this object was a gift to C.L Freer from Dr. F.W. Mann, on December 25, 1906, at Luxor, Egypt. In the inventory lists it was included in a lot of ten unidentified books, from the Freer house library, recorded in the Reserved Book List, R. 6013 (see Curatorial Remark 1, G.D.G., 1935, in the object record, as well as F1906.302, Curatorial Remark 1, G.D.G., 1935, in the object record). See further, Reserved Book List, R. 6013.4, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Dr. Frederick Wharton Mann (C.L. Freer source) born 1854
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Manuscript; selection of suras from the Qur'an followed by prayers; text: Arabic in black naskh script; vocalized in black; 128 folios with 2 sarlawhs (fols. 1 verso-2recto), 10 illuminated pages (fols.123-127), illuminated headings, and gold verse markers; standard page: one column, 9 lines of text.
Binding: The manuscript is bound in red leather over paper pasteboards with gold tooling on the exterior covers.
- Collection Area(s)
- Arts of the Islamic World
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum