Bunkio Matsuki (1867-1940), Boston, to 1906 
From 1906 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Bunkio Matsuki in 1906 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Kakemono and Makimono List, L. 534, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Charles Lang Freer 1854-1919
Bunkio Matsuki (C.L. Freer source) 1867-1940
To learn more about this and similar objects, visit http://freersackler.mystagingwebsite.com/SongYuan/default.asp Song and Yuan Dynasty Painting and Calligraphy.
- Published References
- Thomas Lawton. "画中人 上海书画出版社." Chinese Figure Painting. Shanghai, China. .
- Natasha Heller. Illusory Abiding: The Cultural Construction of the Chan Monk Zhongfeng Mingben. .
- Hugo Munsterberg. Zen and Oriental Art. Rutland, VT and Tokyo. p. 52.
- Thomas Lawton. Chinese Figure Painting. Exh. cat. Washington, 1973. cat. 23, pp. 108-109.
- Suzuki Kei. Chugoku kaiga sogo zuroku (Comprehensive Illustrated Catalog of Chinese Painting). 5 vols., Tokyo, 1982-1983. p. 250.
- Collection Area(s)
- Chinese Art
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum