From prior to 1903 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), given by the artist, prior to 1903 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Whistler List, Lithographs, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. Also, according to Curatorial Remark 2, G.D.G., 1921, in the object record: "This print was given by Mr. Whistler to Mr. Freer previous to 1903, but the time of the gift not having been recorded, its registration number dates from 1906, the year of the first printed Inventory."
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
James McNeill Whistler (C.L. Freer source) 1834 - 1903
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
- Published References
- Burns A. Stubbs. Paintings, Pastels, Drawings, Prints, and Copper Plates by and Attributed to American and European Artists, Together with a List of Original Whistleriana, in the Freer Gallery of Art. vol. 1, no. 2, 2nd ed. Washington, 1967. pl. 29.
- The Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler. 2 vol., Chicago and New York, 1998. pp. 438-443.
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum