Frederick Keppel and Co., London, England, and New York to 1898 
From 1898 to 1919
Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Frederick Keppel and Co. in 1898 
Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
 See Original Whistler List, Drawings, pg. 1, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives.
 See note 1.
 The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
- Previous Owner(s)
Frederick Keppel and Co. (C.L. Freer source)
Charles Lang Freer 1854 - 1919
- Published References
- Margaret F. MacDonald. James McNeill Whistler: Drawings, Pastels, and Watercolours : A Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven, 1995. .
- Ruth Fine John Wilmerding. Essays in honor of Paul Mellon, collector and benefactor. Washington. p. 115.
- David Park Curry. James McNeill Whistler at the Freer Gallery of Art. Washington and New York, 1984. p. 172, pl. 83.
- Linda Merrill. The Peacock Room: A Cultural Biography. Washington and New Haven. p. 175, fig. 4.26.
- Collection Area(s)
- American Art
- Web Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- Rights Statement
Copyright with museum