Friday, November 22, 2019
8 pm–12 am
The Freer|Sackler invites friends and supporters to join artists, musicians, tastemakers, and philanthropists to our second annual fundraiser, Found in Translation: Art and Seoul. Join us in celebrating the surprise and delight of exploring Seoul, South Korea, at night.
Sparked by cross-cultural exploration, Found in Translation focuses on a dynamic theme inspired by the Asian collections and programs of the Freer|Sackler, the national museum of Asian art.
This year’s Found in Translation promises to be a memorable evening of Korean and Korean-flavored music, cuisine, libations, fashion, and art.
Participate in both iconic and lesser-known Korean cultural experiences, including:
Featured talent: TOKiMONSTA, CHIKO, Jen Collins
Sacred Dedication: A Korean Buddhist Masterpiece is a spotlight exhibition of a single rare object—a beautiful gilt wood sculpture of Gwaneum, the most popular deity in Korean Buddhism. On loan from the National Museum of Korea, the crowned sculpture was carved in the late Goryeo period (918–1392).
Tickets and Benefits
Found in Translation’s purpose is to raise support for the Freer|Sackler’s annual fund through individual ticket sales and sponsorships. General admission tickets are $150. Tickets are now on sale. Sponsorships for $5,000 and $10,000 are available now.
VIP Reception: 7 pm – 8 pm
VIP tickets include the following additional benefits:
- Uber rides to and from the event on us!
- Specialty food from CHIKO and Anju (unique from the main event offerings)
- Early access to specialty cocktails
- Mix and mingle opportunities with the chefs
Main Event: 8 pm – 12 am
General Admission tickets include:
- Music by DJ Blindstares
- One-hour DJ set by TOKiMONSTA, Grammy-nominated Korean-American record producer
- Illuminations based on the annual lantern festival
- K-Beauty Bar, featuring the latest in Korean makeup and skincare, with a photobooth
- Immersive K-pop video projections
- Cross-cultural hors d’oeuvre blends by influential local chef
- Soju and tea tasting
Generously supported by the Sana H. Sabbagh Global Celebrations Fund
Presented with the Korean Cultural Center, KOTRA and Nü Androids
Special thanks to
Sana H. Sabbagh
Young Yang Chung
His Excellency Lee Soo Hyuck
Ms. Philippa B. Hughes
Ms. Hae Young Kim
Mr. Sung Han Kim
Mr. Michael Royce
Please let us know if you are interested in sponsorship opportunities.